It continues to bring me sweet joy to think of the Rays of Sun that break into my heart and life each week! Here’s to week #2 of Rays of Sun on Sunday.
- Barre3. My sister-in-law introduced me to this workout a couple of years ago and I seriously saw muscles I hadn’t seen in a long time (or ever) appear. They have since disappeared, but I’ve been getting back on the workout routine after a longer than I would like to admit hiatus and barre3 and spinning have been emotional health boosters for me. A blend of pilates, yoga and ballet… Barre3 will work you over. Currently I’ve recruited my mom, co-worker and maybe sister on the Barre3 bandwagon… you should jump on with me! It’s only $15/month to have access to a ton of different workouts!
- Psalm 30. Kevin and I read a Psalm almost every night and have just started to share with each other something about the Lord that strikes us as we read each night. Several nights ago, we were reading Psalm 30 and as I shared in my last blog, Joy comes in the Morning, this Psalm has reminded me of God’s continued work in my heart to lift my heart to joy. I’ve read it over and over again this week!
- Cheese, meats and chocolate fondue night… Yep. Kevin and I enjoyed a quiet evening for Valentines with delicious cheese, meats and chocolate fondue as we spent time together and watched the classic While you were sleeping… and both nodded off during it, which was fitting (even though we both enjoy this movie). But, we discovered a quite delicious combination of food in our little appetizer mix… So we think you should try it too… Baked brie, apple slice, arugula, cooked pancetta… put it all together and the flavors will erupt! Simple and delicious!
- The Path of Loneliness: Finding Your Way Through the Wilderness to God by Elisabeth Elliot. This is the best Elisabeth Elliot book I have ever read and God has used it in my life in many different seasons of loss and disappointment. I think this is my fourth time reading it and it still is just as profound as the first. Elisabeth Elliot takes you to deep places of understanding the Lord in the midst of pain and discovering the hidden treasures that await you as you embrace the season of life He has asked you to step into as she shares her own story of loss.
Lindsey lives in Orlando, Florida where she currently works with a non-profit Christian organization investing her life in college students, helping them to know and walk with Jesus. She is married to Kevin, and the mother of 3 children, 2 who are now with Jesus and 1 who came into their lives through adoption. She writes, teaches and speaks to others on what it looks like to walk with God in the midst of suffering, and how to trust Him with our lives.
Latest posts by Lindsey Dennis (see all)
- A Taste of Hope Fulfilled – Briella Dawn’s Birth Story - August 3, 2018
- My Journey To Writing A Book - June 8, 2018
- Pregnancy After Loss, When “Normal” Isn’t Your Normal - May 30, 2018